Gaga for Gingham

 I was instantly drawn the street style image from Elle.com; how cute is her adorably preppy gingham button down & copper cuffed shorts (& the pup)?! Around my office, there's no shortage of people sporting cute checked blouses, fueling my need to add one to my wish list.

Photobucket

I love that the colored gingham look is less Dorothy from Wizard of Oz now & more of a modern preppy look now. This trend has been hitting menswear in a big way lately, but it's about to hit women's styles now too. Updated stylng into sweetheart neckline dresses & pintucked blouses give this 50's print new life. The great thing about gingham is that it could easily transition from summer into fall! 

Get inspired by these vintage gingham images from the forties and fifties!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo, lauren