Stylish Last Minute Halloween Costumes

Last Minute Halloween Costumes
As a college student one of my dilemmas around this time of year is too many Halloween parties, & not enough costume choices. I never want to wear the same thing twice, but I hate spending a bunch of money on a cheap Halloween costume I'll never wear again. This is when my creative inner fashion student comes out.. I take hte opportunity to go hunting through my closet for some potential costume combinations.
It's easy to create a costume around items everyone has in their closet just by adding a few accompanying accessories to get the full effect:
  • Plaid Shirts: add an axe, trendy desert boots, and a trapper hat to be a chic lumberjack.
  • Drapey White Dress: Pair with a gold lead headband, metallic gladiators, and a gold cuff to be a grecian goddess.
  • Little Black Dress: Channel your inner Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's by toting a teal Tiffany & Co bag, and a necklace full of pearls.
What costumes have you come up with out of pieces already in your closet?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Congrats to Kate of O My Heart for winning the Shopbop giveaway! Thank you everyone for entering; keep checking back for more fashionable giveaways!