Fabulous in Fair Isle

Photobucket
It all started by saving a simple fair isle sweater picture to my inspiration file.. which sent me me on a quest for adding one to my cool weather wardrobe and trackin down this winter trend! Dolce & Gabbana had a great take on the iconic weave in their Fall 2010 runway show and gave it an update with chunky knits and furry boots.
Photobucket
So when exactly did this traditional sweater become cool? I don't know but I'm not complaining-- I'm in favor of any look that allows you to be cozy and stylish. It's really easy to give a classic winter look a trendy edge, by pairing it with a trendy buffalo plaid, heeled hiking boot, or lacy cardigan.
Fabulous in Fair Isle
How would you style a fair isle sweater?
xoxo, lauren

P.S. Congrats to the winners of the Corrie Mae bangles: E, Oh Apostrophe and a La Mode et Plus. Thank you for entering! Make sure to enter to win a Parameter Motorcycle Jacket