No Such Thing as Too Much Sparkle

Alot of the fashion magazines have been writing articles about incorporating clothes that are traditionally for a fancy night out into your everyday wardrobe. Well, I'm one to always practicewhat I preach. What fun is it saving sequins and glitter for evening and special occasions when you can rock them during the day?
Photobucket

The trick to make this look work is pairing something glitzy with a piece thats more utilitarian. For example, I downplayed the glam factor of my blush colored sequin tank & sparkly necklace with skinny olive green cargo pants. I added even more dimension in with a Buffalo Plaid scarf, DownEast basics sent me this one to try out (check them out; they're like Anthropologie for less!).

Photobucket

Alicia, of Cheetah is the New Black, is one of the masters of sequins & daytime glamour! Check out her blog for more inspiration!

Photobucket

I stumbled upon this image of J. Crew's Holiday Launch & had to laugh because the look on the mannequin was so similar to my outfit!

Daytime Sparkle
Would you wear sequins and sparkle in the daytime?

xoxo, lauren