a Festive 4th of July w/ Events Uncorked

Today I have a guest post from one of my good friends, fellow FSU fashion alum & event planning extraordinaire, Sarah of Events Uncorked. Her blog's quickly become one of my favorite reads & makes me want to become a domestic goddess/host parties every weekend!
I have always loved the Fourth of July! It’s just one of those no fuss holidays where you can just hang out with friends, enjoy some delicious fare, and watch the fireworks.  Every Fourth, I reminded of just how lucky we truly are to live free.  And, this year I want to throw a bash inspired by none other than the stars and stripes.
Some easy ways to incorporate both without going over the top are by throwing a striped tablecloth on the table and using starred napkins.  For table décor, wrap vases in red, white, and blue ribbons and fill them with equally patriotic buds such as white hydrangeas or red roses. As always, make sure everything is red, white, and blue to keep with the spirit of the day.  To entertain guests, I love the idea of giving each sparklers (my favorite!) and a box of matches as they arrive!
When throwing a party, I’m all about keeping the food as simple as possible while still making a big impact.  I love things that can be prepared the day before or can be slow cooked in a crock pot till ready to serve.  This 4th, make it easy on yourself.  Make pulled bbq in the crock pot to serve of sliders and prep a watermelon salad the day before and dress it right before guests arrive. Like the watermelon salad, you can make the macaroni and cheese the day before and put it in the oven right before guests arrive.  To make the food look even more irresistible, bake the macaroni in individual servings! That little bit of extra effort is bound to make a big splash!
I don’t know about all of you, but my favorite part of any meal is the dessert, which is precisely why I always choose to serve more than one at my soiree.  For the 4th, keep it patriotic and on theme with treats colored red, white, and blue.  Lastly, throw together a big pitcher of red cocktails and you will be ready to throw your best 4th of July bash ever!
I LOVE all of Sarah's ideas! How are you celebrating the 4th of July?

xoxo, lauren