a Taste of Texas

My parents and I explored quirky downtown Austin; the vintage shops and cool eateries on South Congress St. are a must-do (had the best nutella latte!). I ended up buying a pair of turquoise cowboy boots to add to my collection & got a feather hair extension at Stella Blue.
Photobucket

We grabbed authentic BBQ at Rudys in New Braunfels, spent the evening in idyllic Gruene and grabbed some Lone Star Beers at Texas' first dance hall. We wrapped things up today with a river cruise around San Antonio & trip to the Alamo, and some amazing authentic Mexican cuisine.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was such a fun little getaway and quality time with my parents. I love the colorful spirit of Texas; such a great way to start the summer!

xoxo, lauren