a Southern Soiree

My birthday is an entire month away still, but, I can't help but dream up what kind of celebration I'd like to have this year. I absolutely love living in the Midwest, but sometimes I miss things about the South (best bbq ever, being able to say y'all without anyone looking at me funny, and warm weather to name a few). So, I think for my 23rd birthday, I'd like to bring a taste of Southern living to my friends up here.

Photobucket

These are some of my inspirations for a Southern Soiree:
  • Bandanna table runners for a buffet of southern favorites
  • Mini bbq pork sliders,  mac & cheese bites & personal pecan pies 
  • Chalkboard with a menu of southern favorites
  • Drinks served in mason jars with chalkboard tags to write your name
  • A rope sign with the birthday girl's name (a girl can dream right?!)
  • Other ideas include: line dancing lessons, a country music playlist & corn hole game

    I also have a drink recipe card for the perfect beverage of the evening:

    Photobucket
    recipe via Bobby Flay

    What would your dream birthday party theme be?

    xoxo, lauren