Try this Trend: Surfs Up

For me, surf and beach culture has been more about a way of life than a fashion trend. From high end surf shops to boutique hotels and designers inspired by surfer girls- lately it's been embraced by the fashion industry more than ever. Though I'm thousands of miles from the nearest ocean, I'm still a surfer girl at heart!
These are a few of my fave occurrences of surf & fashion colliding:
Photobucket
b magazine editorial
Photobucket
Alex Cassanitis' Designer Board Bags
Photobucket
surf/skate label: The Hundreds lookbook
Photobucket
Stella McCartney- Resort 2012 Collection
Photobucket
Photography via Mollusk Surf Shop's gallery
Photobucket
Nars: Surfer Girl Collection
Photobucket
Saturdays Surf Shop in NYC
Photobucket
Aussie Surf Line, Tallow
Photobucket
Roxy Summer 2012 lookbook
Photobucket
Michael Kors' neoprene dresses from Resort: 2012
Photobucket
the Surf Lodge: Montauk, NY
Photobucket
me, relaxing between waves in Hawaii :)

I also stumbled upon this island-y MGMT x Bob Marley mashup that I wanted to share; it's the perfect tune for driving around the causeway with windows rolled down and wind in your hair.



Have you ever been surfing?


xoxo, lauren