DIY Watercolor Wall "Art"

This past weekend I was feeling extra ambitious and decided to break out the watercolors and acrylic paints. I've been super inspired by decor I've seen on pinterest and I always love the weekly watercolors by Caitlin McGauley on Matchbook Mag's blog. I am by no means a talented artist but I do like getting creative!

These are a couple of pieces I painted on canvas & in watercolor as I watched Mad Men and diy-ed my friday night away. 

Photobucket
this one was inspired by an abstract piece on pinterest, the colors are more pastel in real life!

Photobucket
this monogram chevron piece already found a place on my bedroom wall (it's actually more of a minty/peach combo)

Photobucket
this watercolor piece turned out really imperfect, but i think that's what i like about it :)

Have you every DIY-ed any wall art? It's crazy inexpensive! All you need is a couple of blank canvases, a set of brushes, and some acrylic paints in fun colors. Watercolors were fun too, I haven't done any since I was a little kid. My gramma always encouraged me to paint & be creative when I was growing up, I was always at her house doing arts and crafts!

I've always loved this quote below & image via matchbook mag.

Feeling Creative

What's your latest creative project?

xoxo, lauren