Thank God it's Gameday!

Thursday marks the start of my favorite time of year.. football season! It's funny, I never cared about sports at all growing up (I was more into the arts; dance, theater, & design). So,  when I ended up at a hardcore southern football school (Florida State!), it surprised me as much as everyone else that I would turn into such a football fan!

I will never forget the four years of Saturdays spent watching the Noles play & tailgating and I can't wait to enjoy them for years to come as an alumni!

Photobucket

I also assumed that like FSU, colleges across the U.S. "dressed up" for games. After moving above the Mason-Dixon line, I learned this is a southern football tradition- and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I love getting dressed up in my team's colors and even wore a different pair from my cowboy boot collection to each game as a senior in college.

 I so wish Twelve Saturdays was around when I was in college to buy my dresses at! They were sweet enough to loan us some of their oh-so-cute gameday dresses for our LPF Mag photo shoot!




Sarah, at Events Uncorked designed this gorgeous & easily do-able tailgate event-- which you can see more of in the first issue of La Petite Fashionista Magazine as well as some gameday fashion features! Best of all, it can be interpreted for any team!

photography by Allan Ennis

Also featured in the new issue are some delicious tailgating recipes from Saucy Jocey's Kitchen- just click on the pictures to take you to the recipes.






Better yet,  here is a printable copy for your LPF Mag Gameday Guide!


Be sure to check out the LPF Mag pinterest page for more yummy recipes & entertaining ideas!

So, what's your team of choice during football season, either college or professional & your favorite game day tradition?

xoxo, lauren