Soles4Souls

I've always been a big advocate of volunteering in the community and seriously, few things make me feel better than knowing that I've made some sort of a difference in someone's life, be it big or small.

In high school I voluteered at a thrift store that benefitted Hospice and organized a fashion show for them. In college I've been trying to find my niche.. I think I've found it!

Photobucket
Soles4Souls combines two of my passions in life, helping people and fashion. The organization's goal is to help provide people around the world, with shoes; sometimes even their first pair. In some areas of the world, kids without shoes can't even go to school and learn; even in the U.S. there are many people who own nothing more than the shoes on their feet.

What I like about this organization is how easy it is to help; you don't need to donate money or even your time; just simply round up the shoes that have been sitting in your closet (they take everything from tennis shoes to flip flops to high heels).

How You Can Help:

  • Drop your gently used shoes off at a collection site 

  • If there are none near you, ship your shoes to one of their warehouses

  • Start your own shoe drive within your school or community

  • Donate to the charity or take a trip with them to distribute shoes!
I think it's a wonderful organization, and I'm very excited to get involved and help the cause! I hope some of you will consider it too; I know most of us could clean out our closets ;)

xoxo, lauren