Cold Weather Chic

 The first thing I ALWAYS hear when I tell people I'm moving to Wisconsin is "Have you ever been there in Winter? You're going to die." Not exactly the positive response I'd hoped for? I know I've never lived somewhere that experiences snow and freezing temperatures, but I'm doing my best to prepare for the worst.
I will by no means sacrifice style for warmth and comfort; I think there's definitely a way to incorporate both and not freeze your butt off in the snow. That is my own personal mission when I make my move. For now, I've been building an immense inspiration file of "cold weather chic" to help me build my wardrobe.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
photos via: stockholm street style, garance dore & we heart it

I know there will be days where I"ll be freezing and just want to bundle up in a sweatshirt and ski pants, but for now I'd like to think I'm going to make an effort to stay stylish! In a perfect world my chilly winter's day outfit would look like this :
Cold Weather Chic
So for all of you experienced cold weather chic girls; ADVICE needed desperately.
How do you stay chic in the cold?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. I atually just bought the Sorel boots pictured above during the Cyber Monday Sales at Endless while searching for a pair of waterproof & warm cute snow boots.