Looking Cool & Staying Warm

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip for work, to the mountains, to do some trend research (dream job, i told you)! I'm excited and trying to figure out what to pack for a few days in the high altitudes and snowy scenery. I've always been fascinated by the ski bunnies of Aspen and Vail.  (I mean, have you seen Aerin Lauder's beautiful ski chalet home?!). 

These vintage photos from lifestyle photographer, Slim Aarons, perfectly depict sleepy mountain towns and the stylish ski bunnies that inhabit them:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When it comes to cold weather, I'm not one to sacrifice style for warmth. I'd like to think it's possible to have both! (Fleece lined leggings have become my new best friend in recent weeks!)

Looking Cool & Staying Warm

What do you like to layer on when the temperatures dip to feel stylish and warm?

xoxo, lauren