Interior Design Trends: Abstract Art

One of the interior design trends I've noticed lately are large abstract art on canvas in modern rooms, definitely a Kelly Wearstler trademark! I think it's a timeless look for any interior decor style, and I love the paintings that perfectly tie together all the colors in the room. 

These are some of my favorite examples of statement making abstract wall art:

Photobucket
via interior designer Barrie Benson

Photobucket
the color in this is just amazing

Photobucket
this painting reminds me of a desert sunset

Photobucket
Make sure you check out the rest of the home tour here; seriously beautiful!

Photobucket
This purple-y painting is the perfect complement to a lilac living space

Photobucket
The pineapple lamp paired w/ pink abstract painting= perfection

Photobucket
a Kelly Wearstler room- who has undoubtedly has started the abstract painting craze

It's next on my project to DIY on a blank canvas with acrylic paints! I love that it doesn't require painting within the lines!

xoxo, lauren