LPF Bakes: Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes

My carpool group has a solid hour and half commute together to work & back every day. We're already on our way to work before 8, and let's just say before we have our coffee we get a little goofy. One day we talked about how we should have a bacon themed party. Well, a couple weeks later we all got an invite to the "i heart bacon" party, and I had to think up the perfect dessert to contribute.

So I bring you, the maple, bacon, beer, cupcake!
These cupcakes turned out delicious! I adapted the recipe to one I'd seen online. Many recipes put bacon in the cupcake batter, but I thought I'd make this one a little tamer so those new to eating bacon as a dessert wouldn't shy away. There isn't actually maple syrup but the brown sugar gives it the perfect maple taste.

The beer cut the sweetness of the cupcake & with the crispy, candied bacon.. this might just be the best cupcake you've ever tasted. I think these would be perfect for bringing as a quirky dessert, to make for a boyfriend or hubby or give to your pops for father's day!

xoxo, lauren