Farm Fresh: Veggie Picking & Canning

It's harvest time in Wisconsin, tomatoes and peppers are ripe for the picking and ready to get canned into salsas and sauces. My boyfriend's mom snapped some pictures of me in the garden and taught me how to make some of her famous canned salsa! I have a new appreciation for the homemade kind over the store bought now!










I've been really into the idea of buying fresh food, gardening, and canning. There's something that's so rewarding about eating a homemade meal with fresh ingredients. You'll see some more of this in issue #2 of La Petite Fashionista Mag!

These are some books I'm wanting to add to my collection that talk more about the subject, all from my go-to for pretty coffee table books, Anthropologie. (I swear I can't shop there without leaving with a book!)

lpf book club: farm fresh reading

What's your favorite thing to make from scratch? I make a mean pico de gallo!

xoxo, lauren